Vintage Dark Antiquing Wax
American Paint Company waxes create a dirt and dust resistant seal that buffs out to a lustrous finish. The Vintage Antiquing Wax can be applied directly to the raw, dry paint without the need for clear waxing first. No oily staining or sticky residue. It dries quickly and will buff out beautifully.
My favorite wax, pre-tinted just for you! Can be mixed with clear wax to change the intensity. A little goes a long way, glides on with a chip brush, dries quick, buffs to lovely sheen. ALL NATURAL.
Sold in 4 ounce samples and 13.5 ounce cans.
APC VINTAGE DARK WAX-
- Over darker, richer colors of our paint, the dark vintage wax can be applied directly to the dry paint without the need for Clear Waxing first
- For a soft antique effect over lighter paint colors, I mix the Dar Wax with the Clear Wax at a ratio of 1:1 this will cut the intensity of the antiquing effect
- Over lighter, chalk/clay colors try a test area first to see the darkening effect the wax will create. If you want less intensity, irst apply a layer of Clear Wax to seal up the paint finish, then apply a layer of the Dark Wax. (Or you can simply mix dark wax with clear wax until you get your desired effect)
- The waxes create a dirt and dust resistant seal that buffs out to a lustrous finish.
- Let the wax dry (minimum 2-4 hours) then buff your surface with a soft dry cloth to a lovely sheen. Additional buffing will increase durability.
- This product requires several days to fully cure. Freshly waxed surfaces should be kept free of moisture and heavy used traffic for a good week or two.
- DO NOT APPLY TOP COAT FINISH OVER WAX. DO NOT APPLY A WATER BASED GLAZE OVER WAX. These need to be applied BEFORE wax.